09 Sienna HDC 18s bass build log

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Finally back on the computer so this is a lot easier lol...

Went for a moderately loud van that can pound while retaining the third row seats being able to fit 7 passengers + driver. Pretty much a road trip van.

Traded my c2 audio threatcon 2 12s and $250 on top for these babies! The guy I got it from walled them in a saturn and was driving around sitting in a fetal position lmao! Big score for me!

Shoutouts to @CSCStang ; For doing the box build, birch 12 cubes net after sub, port and bracing. Tuned to around 36-37

Finished product! hella nice and solid! Soooo glad I shelled out the extra for birch, box is light as hell! There's added 45s in the corners too.

Sky high 8 gauge OFC for the subs.

Terminals to change wiring whenever I wanted on the outside instead of taking these subs in and out.

Getting this ***** in was a PITFA. Only powering them with hifonics but If i'm lucky, There will be an addictive audio 500.1 the fix comming in. If I cant get it then, WTB around for 4-5k amps hit me up! Definitely louder than all my previous setups and sounds amazing even on low power. Things barely move and its pretty nuts already. Wiring will be cleaned up after I get the big amp in, these hifonics are going straight to craigslist!

BIGGER POWER INCOMING SOON!

looking good, bet you can't wait to see what it does with bigger power, i'm surprised you fit that much cu.ft. and keep the seats. good job, my wife and I will be in cali. from the 6th to the 10th of march, maybe we could check it out

looking good, bet you can't wait to see what it does with bigger power, i'm surprised you fit that much cu.ft. and keep the seats. good job, my wife and I will be in cali. from the 6th to the 10th of march, maybe we could check it out
Yeah its ***** to fit in with two group 31s in the back next to it. the box is angled a bit in the back to get space for the 18s to mount properly.

For sure man! Are you coming in the bass car or the gas saver?

haven't finished the 18's yet lol, been crazy busy at work, but my wifes jeep with the single 12 is not bad, at least it will help with the drive, I have a few things I need to figure out on it maybe you would have some input.

I really admire a build where It's loud and people haven't taken the rear seats or the third row out to get there.....

How DBs do you think this will hit Jeff?

I really admire a build where It's loud and people haven't taken the rear seats or the third row out to get there.....How DBs do you think this will hit Jeff?
when the 5k amp gets in I really hope i'm closer to 150s. Takes a lot of cone area and power to pressurize a cabin as big as a sienna. May sound loud to the ear but might not do well on the meter or vice versa. All i know is, I'm glad I braced my roof with 1/2 plywood or else that would have been ripped to shreds. The noticeable added output from less energy wasted from flex is hella nice too.

do you have any pics to show how you braced the roof ? going to be doing that to the roof of the jeep and want to check it out
its a horrible project, messy, painful, tedious. Was rushing to get it done and forgot to take pics. with each step. End result was worth it and no one had to see the ugliness thats covered by the head liner.

I got one pic while catching a break, before cleaning the foam off and stuff.

NSE71tV.jpg

Basically used the crossbraces of the vehicle with silicone adhesive and expanding foam. Without crossbraces, you'll need something in place to hold the wood in place to let the adhesive dry. On the really curved area in the front, i just used a triple layer of roadkill instead.

Headliner fits back in perfectly without hassle and you cant even tell there was roof work done.

I know i overkilled on the amount of foam used but I'd rather have it messy then to have a piece of wood vibrating against metal later on and I would then have to take the head liner off just to redo that one spot.

oh I see, I can't remember what my roof looks like, but I get the idea now thanks, how many cans of foam did you use, and did you notice a big difference or somewhat.
its like aluminum soda can to solid rock. I can literally jump on my roof and throw full force haymakers at it and its solid. Before it was wobbly even when using a regular force knock and thats with two layers of deadener. I had to remove the old deadener to fit the wood.

Totally waaay cheaper and 10x more effective bracing than CLD tiles could even dream of accomplishing for the price.

I used 3 red cans of great stuff foam. Dont use the yellow or black cans, those foams are waaaay weaker in comparison to the red one.

needless to say, its a lot more rattle free than with the two layers of cld tiles. About 90% rattle free vs 40% back then for perspective.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.