12" Sealed Sub recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

gurusan
10+ year member

Hi everyone, I have a WRX wagon and would like to put a single 12" in the back. I have a directed 600D amp that puts out ~600wrms @ 1ohm so am looking for a dual 2ohm voice coil sub.

I listen to pretty much everything, but primarily dubstep and electronica. My budget is around 200...what kind of sub would be ideal for this setup? I don't want a huge enclosure so was thinking something sealed would be best, also since it will be in the cabin I want it to sound as clean as possible.

I already have my front soundstage taken care of with infinity primus components and a RF 150x2 amp

Been looking at the Sundown SA12 and RE SEXv2 ....anything else that is better for the money? My budget is 200 but that doesn't mean I want to spend that much.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I am picking up a nicely built custom 1.535 net CF sealed 12" enclosure. Can I get some recommendations for subs in this enclosure powered by my Directed 600D? Could maybe stretch to 250 for my budget.

if you're gonna go with a 1.5 sealed enclosure, you might aswell get a 1.5cf ported enclosure. Recommended enclosure ported is 1.5 - 2cf. Would sound alot better and have more output. Just a thought. And I also pm'd you

Ok so I've talked to some friends and it looks like I will have some help building a ported box. Can I have some sub suggestions for the below requirements?

Ported under 1.75 cf, 600-1000wrms....under 250 for the sub or less. Want something very well balanced for ALL music types.

Our SSA Gcon would be just about perfect. It will be back in stock shortly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.