94 camry amp "rack"

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
So honestly. Most my build was done months ago but because I plan on running a third amp and I didnt want rcas and wires running all over the dang car, im moving my amps to the back and ill build a small shelf or move the amps 90 degrees to fit a 3rd when the time comes.

3396141df4ca0fe5477e07e319810afc.jpg
tearing everything apart. Gotta undo all the nice wiring from the hood.

35e233909612a2780f018137b105dcbe.jpg

183927447bec93070fb89bd22b9c8486.jpg

Half in mdf wrapped in carpet.

d710cd1e567a8d3f0d51a0c6d9371cd5.jpg

I want my power coming from the left and unfortunately that means my amp logos will be the wrong direction. Oh well.

63e3052ad86a1a209eda18dd35176390.jpg

426a539bf73887a694c0e5f857f99b79.jpg

Amp guts of Sundown sax 150.4 amd Cerwin Vega Stroker 1000.1

Why didnt you drill holes and go under the platform,hiding the wiring?It would make a cleaner install..Just curious
I like to see the wire and i plan on putting a beauty panel over the whole thing anyway.

Didnt pay for my neon wire just to hide it :3

I like to see the wire and i plan on putting a beauty panel over the whole thing anyway.
Didnt pay for my neon wire just to hide it :3
Gotcha..Just curious was all..I was thinking about placing all my sub amps straight up at a slight angle of about 30*on my truck install.

Gotcha..Just curious was all..I was thinking about placing all my sub amps straight up at a slight angle of about 30*on my truck install.
Is there any way to flush mount them? Are we talking a truck with a bed or an suv? Trucks with beds are tricky as hell to find a place to put everything. Most the time there isnt room for any kind of box or you have to geta box built perfectly to your free space. Blowthroughs are pretty cool though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I am glad to see that you are getting that amp from out from under the seat..Nice to be able to view it and get some air..Ive seen so many great amps ruined by being placed under the seats..by debris to spilled sodas ect.,to dirt and small sand beads scratched all to hell and back

Is there any way to flush mount them? Are we talking a truck with a bed or an suv? Trucks with beds are tricky as hell to find a place to put everything. Most the time there isnt room for any kind of box or you have to geta box built perfectly to your free space. Blowthroughs are pretty cool though
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Doing a wall designed by Buck.. I should have room just behind each seat in the Xcab to place the amps just fine.Its Going slow due to the busy work lately,and little time.Batteries will be in the bed of the truck(6-8). Have 3 layers of 80 mill,1" of foam insulation, and 3/4' plywood so far framed with 2x4s..Windows are screwed shut on sides and plasti dipped and sealed off/caulked,and 1" foam insulation

I am glad to see that you are getting that amp from out from under the seat..Nice to be able to view it and get some air..Ive seen so many great amps ruined by being placed under the seats..by debris to spilled sodas ect.,to dirt and small sand beads scratched all to hell and back
I had the foot mat half covering the amps. The sundown amp has never even gotten luke warm on me. The thing is a brick of a heatsink. The cerwin vega gets hot as **** no matter what. It has a built in, albeit small fan and its a GH amp which I guess is a hybrid between A/B and D.

Ive realized I need to take care of both amps. Neither are made anymore and imo, both are speciality in a way.

Doing a wall designed by Buck.. I should have room just behind each seat in the Xcab to place the amps just fine.Its Going slow due to the busy work lately,and little time.Batteries will be in the bed of the truck(6-8). Have 3 layers of 80 mill,1" of foam insulation, and 3/4' plywood so far framed with 2x4s..Windows are screwed shut on sides and plasti dipped and sealed off/caulked,and 1" foam insulation
****. Go hard. Doing anything with your suspension to take all that added weight. I know trucks are built to take weight but still..

****. Go hard. Doing anything with your suspension to take all that added weight. I know trucks are built to take weight but still..
She will be just fine.Framed just fine..Shouldnt be any issues..Just taking longer than expected..

She will be just fine.Framed just fine..Shouldnt be any issues..Just taking longer than expected..
Yea. Anything car audio takes longer than expected. Issues always arise. I spent a solid 3 hours trying to figure out how to get 2/0 through my firewall...

Then again im slow at installs, not sure why tbh. I have no idea how CA stores bust out full systems in only a few hours.

Do you have any plans to paint or do anything to exterior? Gonna put a stripper pole to reinforce it or not looking at that kinda output yet? [emoji14]

I had the foot mat half covering the amps. The sundown amp has never even gotten luke warm on me. The thing is a brick of a heatsink. The cerwin vega gets hot as **** no matter what. It has a built in, albeit small fan and its a GH amp which I guess is a hybrid between A/B and D.
Ive realized I need to take care of both amps. Neither are made anymore and imo, both are speciality in a way.
If you can raise those amps up off the flat surface they will get some air under them and stay a bit cooler..Running a cross fan blowing underneath does wonders.I use Stinger 105 CFM fans,and theyre 8" cross flow/surface mounts.Ive done all my amps that way/raised and fan cooled one way or another,and have lasted for years

If you can raise those amps up off the flat surface they will get some air under them and stay a bit cooler..Running a cross fan blowing underneath does wonders.I use Stinger 105 CFM fans,and theyre 8" cross flow/surface mounts.Ive done all my amps that way/raised and fan cooled one way or another,and have lasted for years
Got any pics?

I wanted to build a false floor and flush mount everything. Make it all look nice but I simply dont have the tools to do it all. My next investment is gonna be a HO Alternator. Then the sky is the limit(ish) on getting loud. Still its an old car, with paint falling off and I'm just getting more and more iffy on sinking funds into the non transferable(to another car) side of it all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.