Amp and bass knob....amp settings..mix of things

Participant count
  • Participant list

bldunn

I have an elevation audio dx1500.1 that I just got a new Power Akoustic MOFO 124x hooked up to. I took it to the place where I got my tint installed and had them tune the amp for me. But they ended up adding a bass knob later, that I bought but they couldn't install earlier today. So I went back and got it installed, but they didn't re-tune the system or anything. I was hoping that it would be tune able to where the bass knob is in the center position where I could add more bass or decrease it as I like. When I looked at how they set the amp up this morning, the gain was up all the way, the LPF must have been on, because I couldn't tell by turning the LPF counterclockwise if it was adding the high notes and all that I didn't want really. The bass got louder going clockwise so I assume that I have put it back where it was at. The bass boost they had a little of that as well. It's not much of a change that I noticed, even with it set the way they have it. Even from the center to all the way up on the bass knob there is almost no noticeable change, is that normal? It is a universal bass knob. Other than that, being all the way up on gain and all, blasting it for a good 45 minutes (i like it loud) when I touched my amp it felt like it was only warm from ambient temperature in the trunk. I am guessing that's only because the sub is rated for 1500 watts and only being 2 ohm load to the amp must only be pulling maybe a thousand watts?

I am thinking about just taking the bass knob back off and using my bass and treble to season whatever I am listening to as needed. Is that a no no? The bass and treble when they tuned the amp the bass was -2 and the treble was +3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.