Are there any 12" subs being built with 4" voice coils?

SkwurlyFab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
Does anyone know if there's a 12" subwoofer being built with a 4" voice coil instead of the typical 3" coil that most manufacturer's use?

I'd like to throw 2500 watt's at it. I've got an Orion 2500d just sitting being useless and I'm going to ******* flip out if I don't have any bass in my truck for that much longer so I'm just looking for a good solid 12" I can start off with to get loud quick.

Later down the road when I stack more cash I will be putting four twelves in the bed and blowing through into the cab but that's a long way off and I need bass NOW. The last sub I ran off this amp was a TC Sounds 18" TC-5200. That thing was a MONSTER. But I want to do multiple smaller subs this time so please post up if you know of a 12" sub being built with a 4" voice coil thanks!

Never thought about running Orion subs before but I guess they would match up with the amp and from the photos I've seen they always look pretty beefy! I've just always been a fan of the underground companies like RE, TC, IA, DD, haha **** that's a lot of abbreviations but yeah I'll look around and see what Orion's got to offer thanks

my avatar is me holding my hccas 4 inch coil. and the mtx 9500 doesnt handle over 2k well. i cracked 2 9500 cones on a clean 2k.

tc 5200 and 5400s are BEASTS tho. the axis would handle that power as well.

my avatar is me holding my hccas 4 inch coil. and the mtx 9500 doesnt handle over 2k well. i cracked 2 9500 cones on a clean 2k.tc 5200 and 5400s are BEASTS tho. the axis would handle that power as well.
Your avatar looks like a 3" coil, or you have really big hands.

Also the RE XXX is a 3" coil

Those HCCA's look ******! any idea on how that would stack up agains the new style RE XXX? I noticed the XXX has an xmax in the 50's and the HCCA is only in the 30's. They both can handle about the same power though but would the longer throw on the XXX create that much more bass?

4in coil isnt really needed...many subs have been proven with 3in coils to take alot of power...my teammate clamps roughly 3k on his DC XL's that he pounds on daily...hdc3s have been known to take alot of power as well..The Treo SSX 12s are rated at 2k and have been known to handle 4k daily...

true a good 3" 8 layer coil will handle more than a 4" 4 layer because there is alot more winding. it dose laque on surface area vrs the 4" but not enough to say so. now if you can find a sub that uses a 4" coil with 8 layers that will handle ALOT thermally...

i have built many 8layer 3" coiled subs that truely hand 3000rms daily...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.