Battery mounting help!

Corybrdmn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so I want to mount my battery under my false floor in my trunk where the spare tire is. I want to put it either in the far right or far left corner right up against the back. I want like a strap or metal bar to go around my battery to hold up against the back in place that I can use self tapping screws to screw holes so I can mount the bar in place so my battery won't move. I can't find anything like that online. Has anyone every done this before and if so any advice on where to get one?

Another quick and easy solution would be to make your own flexible strap with this.

2011-10-12_161737_metal_strap_33920.jpg

It's called metal strapping. Cut a few strips to length and run a self tapping screw/bolt and a washer through one of the many holes in it to secure it to your trunk pan.

Another quick and easy solution would be to make your own flexible strap with this.
2011-10-12_161737_metal_strap_33920.jpg

It's called metal strapping. Cut a few strips to length and run a self tapping screw/bolt and a washer through one of the many holes in it to secure it to your trunk pan.
actually called plumbers tape

We normally build a small battery tray and use double sided 3M tape to hold it in. We also under cut the battery try to ensure a very very snug fit.

It's for a second battery so I'm keeping my first battery under the good and putting this battery in my spare tire well. I figured out what to do thanks guys for the tips and advice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Corybrdmn

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Corybrdmn
Dunkirk, Ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date