Best options for 2011 Cadillac CTS questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dr. Friendly

If any of you have some time to help me out with a few questions I'd appreciate it.

TL;DR OP needs help

-->best way to get signal from stock head unit to amp

-->which set of subs should I get and why

-->what amp(s) should I get and why

-->which highs/mids (woofers) should I get and why

I want to keep the stock head unit, which I have never done before. It has a built in USB feature and works fine. It's not a money thing, I just prefer to keep it.

http://static.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/images/Auto/izmo/323842/2011_cadillac_cts_sedan_dashboard.jpg

Now let's start of by saying that the factory stereo is really not that bad, however it is not anything like an aftermarket system.... it's factory

If possible I would like to keep the current system intact and add two ancillary audio systems.

One for a pair of sub-woofers, and the other I want to add very loud 'woofers' (not brain damage inducing loud, but significantly louder than stock). I plan on making some sort of enclosure or orienting them onto of the sub enclosure facing the front of the car (seats will be down). I do not want to modify the car drastically so aside from affixing the box I am not screwing with it.

The first question is how do I capture the signal from the stock head unit? I know that with aftermarket Head Units you run the RCAs and RMT line to the amp from the back of the head and that's just dandy. For some reason I doubt the factory head has this, I may be wrong but every car I have taken the stock radio out of has not had an RCA output.

I've heard you can tie into the lines to the normal speakers, but I doubt this is a good way to go about it.

-->What is the best way to get the best signal to the amps?

-->Is it possible with the stock 2011 CTS head

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Aside from that issue I have to decide what hardware to get. Before I even begin talking about it let it be known that I am not a fanboy of anything... really. Basically I want to decide upon a set of subs, a set of woofers, and amps to pair with them. I plan on upgrading the alternator and getting some yellow tops, but that really doesn't need to be discussed. I would like to spend around 1000 dollars, but if you convince me its worth it I 'can' spend up to 3 grand.

The last system I thought hit pretty well was a guy that had two kicker L7 12s.

Something on par with that is sufficient, not saying they are good or bad just a reference point of power. I think anything beyond that would potentially damage the car, and that is something I severely do not want to do.

As far as the 'woofers' / high-mids I really have no idea what I should go for. Clarity and loudness is what I am going for. Often I will see guys run subs and the bass overwhelms the stock highs and mids and you cannot even hear the song.

In short I want that level of bass with incredible clarity at a loud level.

I appreciate any help you can offer

-Dr. Friendly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.