Best Subwoofer Selection, Ascendant, TC Sounds, DD Audio, RE Audio, DC Audio, SSA

Chuckdizzle

Hey guys I'm looking for some advice from people who know better than me for what subwoofer to choose. I have an '03 Mercury Sable with a 0.9 cu ft sealed box for a 12" sub in the trunk. I recently had my 12" Alpine SWR-1223D Type R sub blow out on me...so I'm looking into getting a new one but I want to upgrade at the same time. My current subwoofer amp is an Alpine PDX-M6, I'm pretty set on selling that one and getting a PDX-M12 (1200W continuous) to add some more BANG with the new sub. I'm budgeting around $500 to $800 for the new sub and have heard some good and bad things about the following list of subs:

-Ascendant Havoc

-TC Sounds LMS-R

-DD Audio 3500 series

-DC Audio Level 3 or 4

-SSA ICON or XCON

-An RE Audio sub that will go well with the PDX-M12 (the xxx is too big for that amp I think and I can't seem to find accurate specs on their other subs)

Can anyone give me some advice as to which is the best choice for excellent SQ and great SPL? I'll appreciate any help that you can give me!

Out of those id prob go TC but no matter which u go with ull need a ported box built for that driver. With a budget as high as urs u have many better choices to choose from that are not on ur list.

Out of everything..... I would look at the space you have available and get a new enclosure designed around what ever sub you get, the application, and your goals. That will make a huge difference. If you are interested in packaged deals for a sub or subs and an enclosure just PM me and I can get you some options.

Out of everything..... I would look at the space you have available and get a new enclosure designed around what ever sub you get, the application, and your goals. That will make a huge difference. If you are interested in packaged deals for a sub or subs and an enclosure just PM me and I can get you some options.
hard at work as always^

Good guy here... He will get you taken care of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.