Blowing fuse near amp

sounds like you have a short somewhere. Make sure theres no little strands sticking out of terminals contacting he other term. Yu should always have a fuse near the battery to protect there and one near amp if not fused in amp.

What size wires are you running to the Amp? Ground location? Correct Pos/Neg? Solid Ground near Amp?
1/0 awg, I grounded it under rear seat on the seat anchor bolt. All connections have rubber boots arounds them except ones going in to amp but that's on the carpet lining in trunk. Even though that wire thick, it went through that grand marquis not hitting a single snag. I thought it was weird having a 350 amp fuse and near battery and 200 near amp. CT sounds amp kit

1/0 awg, I grounded it under rear seat on the seat anchor bolt. All connections have rubber boots arounds them except ones going in to amp but that's on the carpet lining in trunk. Even though that wire thick, it went through that grand marquis not hitting a single snag. I thought it was weird having a 350 amp fuse and near battery and 200 near amp. CT sounds amp kit
And I don't know what correct pos/neg means

As Tommydh observed you have a short. Trace the power wiring to see it snagged on something, or was cut. Also, make sure you are connecting the power wire to the correct terminal on the amplifier, and the same for the ground.
According to the specs for your amp., the 200 fuse is appropriate near the amp.

Last edited:
Disconnect remote wire and try again. If it does not blow, connect remote and see what happens. If it blows connect the amp upfront directly to the battery with the 200A inline fuse. If it blows, your amp is shorted. Make sure the car's cables are disconnected from the battery terminals. Only amp and battery must be hooked up.

Disconnect remote wire and try again. If it does not blow, connect remote and see what happens. If it blows connect the amp upfront directly to the battery with the 200A inline fuse. If it blows, your amp is shorted. Make sure the car's cables are disconnected from the battery terminals. Only amp and battery must be hooked up.
This is easiest way to check amp for failure. No need to disconnect batt. terminals. Ive checked amps at batteries for well over 15 years until i made a set up in the garage.Did you ever cross palarity on the amp at one time?Meaning placed or touched the Ground wiring on the Poss portion and the Power on the negative section of the amplifier?If so, You have damaged the Main Power supply within the amplifier and it will need to be repaired

This is easiest way to check amp for failure. No need to disconnect batt. terminals. Ive checked amps at batteries for well over 15 years until i made a set up in the garage.Did you ever cross palarity on the amp at one time?Meaning placed or touched the Ground wiring on the Poss portion and the Power on the negative section of the amplifier?If so, You have damaged the Main Power supply within the amplifier and it will need to be repaired
No, no wires touched. I didn't have it set up the way I was going to keep it either I just wanted to make sure it was working. Today I tried again with all new wires and it blew again. I'll try it again without the remote turn on but it blows before I have a chance to turn car on

No, no wires touched. I didn't have it set up the way I was going to keep it either I just wanted to make sure it was working. Today I tried again with all new wires and it blew again. I'll try it again without the remote turn on but it blows before I have a chance to turn car on
Man, it sure sounds as if your amp is shorted. Fingers crossed.

Man, it sure sounds as if your amp is shorted. Fingers crossed.
I had my fingers crossed too, I F'd up somehow. Had wires wrong mixed power and ground, shouldn't do this **** tired. Luckily fuse did job. Now hoping it just isn't getting as loud as it should because I don't have alternator I need or they're not broken in yet

I had my fingers crossed too, I F'd up somehow. Had wires wrong mixed power and ground, shouldn't do this **** tired. Luckily fuse did job. Now hoping it just isn't getting as loud as it should because I don't have alternator I need or they're not broken in yet
Awesome! You found the problem. We all mess up every so often. I am glad you are up and bumping. Just make sure you have a strong cable going from the engine to the chassis of your ride. When I first did this many moons ago, I got better lighting, smoother engine, and better gas mileage. On top of all that, no more dragging cranks. Subs should loosen up with use and sound louder. Meanwhile, enjoy the tightness with some old school Metallica and Slayer!

Maaan.. I am so surprised you did not blow the power supply on that amp board.Wow! Talking about getting Lucky.At the least, place a strip of Black electrical tape on the Ground for future or mark the wiring.Ive never had that kinda luck. Ya, take your time .ai usually drink 2-2 litters of Mt. Dew before I get started on anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.