U.S.A.
1999 Civic Hatchback

161,xxx miles

D16 motor

pretty much all stock, lowered front and rear about 2 inches

2009 Civic Si exhaust

manual everything but will be converted to power

Equipment list:

HU: Pioneer 80prs ran to a Ipad in the dash, secondary source will be a ipod in case i dont have the ipad

Mid bass: RF P1 8" subs

Mad Range: 2x Crossfire 6.5s

Tweets: 2 or 4x Interfire SIlk Dome

Amps: 2x Ampere 3800.1s, 2 Ampere 125.4s

Subs: Still undecided... Either 2 DC Level 6 18s or 4 Level 4xl 15s if i can fit them properly

Electrical: Mechman 240 amp alt, 1/0 welding cable, unsure on batts ATM, Maxwell Super caps, unsure of how many..

Lots of Tool Maker goodies

gonna have some other cool custom fabbed shiz, gonna do a SMD VM-1 to monitor clipping, along with some other goodies.

still in the process of gathering gear but the build will start slowly now then get serious in about 2 weeks.

heres a pic to hold you guys over until then, Ill be starting some small parts of the build soon, stay tuned!

Lots of batteries for that kind of power, this is gonna be a heavy build.
Lots of Deka Intimidators if my guy comes through. About 105ah a piece from what I hear. The maxwell super caps will help out tremendously as well..

as far as weight management, yeah she's gonna have redone suspension in the rear. Thinking about bagging it, air shocks at the very least. We'll see..

Either a PILE of batteries, a much bigger alt, or dual alts...
Starting off with probably a mechman 240, haven't really looked down in there to see if I can squeeze a second. I'll sort it out when the time comes.

I don't think the motor wikl take 2 alts to be honest my 180 amp alt all ready has issues ur best bet is doing 5 to 6 group 31 batts I had 5 of an xs 8k and stayed in the 12 volt range dont expect to have a stout electrical at all in a civic and u have enough room for 4 15s I would go that route but not dc lol

Starting off with probably a mechman 240, haven't really looked down in there to see if I can squeeze a second. I'll sort it out when the time comes.
First alt is going to have to be a one wire gm cs130d case alt. "240" coming from a stock honda casing just ain't gonna happen.

2nd alt you'd have to give up either power steering or a/c for another one to fit and have proper tension.

I've built quite a few Hondas in my day and they are quite easy as long as you have the proper equipment. 2 18's in the hatch is more than doable, 4 15's is pushing it (in proper air space) while having enough space for amps, batteries and such.

I don't think the motor wikl take 2 alts to be honest my 180 amp alt all ready has issues ur best bet is doing 5 to 6 group 31 batts I had 5 of an xs 8k and stayed in the 12 volt range dont expect to have a stout electrical at all in a civic and u have enough room for 4 15s I would go that route but not dc lol
What's your beef with dc ?

First alt is going to have to be a one wire gm cs130d case alt. "240" coming from a stock honda casing just ain't gonna happen.
2nd alt you'd have to give up either power steering or a/c for another one to fit and have proper tension.

I've built quite a few Hondas in my day and they are quite easy as long as you have the proper equipment. 2 18's in the hatch is more than doable, 4 15's is pushing it (in proper air space) while having enough space for amps, batteries and such.
I have 4 18s and have just enough airspace if I was to do 4 15s I would have max specs for 15s

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

They have ****** soft parts

I have 4 18s and have just enough airspace if I was to do 4 15s I would have max specs for 15s 

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

That's funny I hear that a lot but all my dc woofers have took almost double rated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

batts wont be a problem, I'll have plenty, the alt will be (a problem possibly), and do you have experience with DC? because I do, whether your talking DC power, or DC audio, i have personal experience with them and both rock

false, its not gonna be a cs130 casing, that alternator case is a joke, its going to be a 6 phase alt with a OEM design, but enlarged significantly, as big as I can go to fit in there, mechman and DC both did away with the cs130 in these cars back in like 09.. i totally agree with you in the aspect that 240 wont be coming out of that stock casing though, its puny.

2, for the second alt, thats way down the road, however this will be a DD sooo, A/C isnt going anywhere, we'll see about power steering.

I may be Pm'ing you with some questions later on if you dont mind, im new to the site obviously, i appreciate the insight @candeshop

probably heard of someone having problems and took their word for it:rolleyes:

you can not do 4 18s, ive read your build, youve said yourself you dont have near enough reccomended volume for your 18s, id rather give my subs proper airspace and let them make sweet love with my ears..

and DC? bad softparts? theres multiple people ive been to shows and see their subs take a **** ton of power, one guy on youtube has a DC level 6 18 on 10k.. and does 55s! ive had personal experience with the level 3s, 4s, and seen a level 6... their very beastly subs that take way more than rated and get very low..

now that, that is sorted.

lets get BACK to the build, starting the dash tonight, pics up soon

Dc power is good I have dc power im talking dc audio idk I know countless people who have issues with thier soft parts they just dont hold up as good as other brands
clipping, ox design, among other issues contribute to this. but to each its own

you can not do 4 18s, ive read your build, youve said yourself you dont have near enough reccomended volume for your 18s, id rather give my subs proper airspace and let them make sweet love with my ears..
and DC? bad softparts? theres multiple people ive been to shows and see their subs take a **** ton of power, one guy on youtube has a DC level 6 18 on 10k.. and does 55s! ive had personal experience with the level 3s, 4s, and seen a level 6... their very beastly subs that take way more than rated and get very low..

now that, that is sorted.

lets get BACK to the build, starting the dash tonight, pics up soon
I have over 20 cubes and the zv4 only requires 4 minimum that means I have more power I can put to my woofers the bigger the box the more it goes down and starts to play sloppy so dont say I don't have enough airspace when u dont even know the size of my wall

Lol I didn't even wanna go into a brand convo all I said was dc mehhh that was it didnt wanna have a debate on them lol its ur build u do what u think is best u seem to have a lot of "experience"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.