Complete system help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've kind of been asking questions here and there and have been getting good help so I figure I'd like to ask a broader question to see which direction I want to go. I have a 2012 Fusion with Sony sound I'd like to upgrade without going full overhaul. Basically start upgrading speakers as close to plug and play as I can. 6x8 in all 4 doors 4 tweeters one on each door and a 3 inch center speaker. As of now I have a pioneer 8200 head unit and a dd612 running on a DD 5.1000 amp.. Any suggestions would be awesome.. trying to get what I can out of it without upgrading alternator and andding battery's and what not as of now atleast

The Sony setup has a built in surround processor. Just swapping speakers will make it worse. Even just amping them will be next to impossible. The only real way to do it is bypassing the processing, losing the center channel and just running a Left and right channel.

That will start getting pricey.

Never mind. I didn't see you had a aftermarket HU. Just get a set of 6.5 brackets. That amp can run active. Just get a good 6.5 mid and tweeter set raw. No need for a crossover and don't run any rears.

Never mind. I didn't see you had a aftermarket HU. Just get a set of 6.5 brackets. That amp can run active. Just get a good 6.5 mid and tweeter set raw. No need for a crossover and don't run any rears.
Good advice right here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.