Enclosure for Grand Cherokee

Participant count
  • Participant list

ejschultz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with an enclosure in a Grand Cherokee. I'm looking to put my Type R into a ported box built to Alpine's specs. I'm wondering what the optimal placement for the speaker/port should be? Should I face one up and one back, both up, both back, something else? I'm looking for the best overall response from my sub. I've tried 4 subs in 3 different boxes in the year I've had the Jeep. They all got decently loud; none of them were/are able to play low though. I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the resonant frequency of the Jeep. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had an Alpine SWX-1042D and an Alpine SWX-1043D both in approximately 2 cubes at 28 Hz, sub and port both back, a Kicker 10CVR154 in a Kicker prefab box, sub back and port to the side, I put the same kicker in my 2.5 cubes sealed with a little polyfill, and now I have my Alpine SWR-1542D in the same 2.5 cubes, no polyfill. The sealed applications have all been rear facing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.