filler

Participant count
  • Participant list
Does anyone know if 3m all purpose filler would be ok to use on the inside of my sub box. For like all the seams
for inside i would use a silicone of some type but the filler your talking about is brittle when dried and is made to only be added to an area and sanded away to fix imperfections not really to seal gaps in things.

for inside i would use a silicone of some type but the filler your talking about is brittle when dried and is made to only be added to an area and sanded away to fix imperfections not really to seal gaps in things.
Well i used silicone then fiberglassed real good all the seams. But i just have some of this stuff and figured it could make it evin stronger.......

Use good wood glue and sawdust and make a paste to fill small voids/cracks. Let dry then sand then either use Silicon or fiberglass resin with hardener in it. Some times no matter how straight the wood is cut its a warp or bow in it and doesn't seal correctly.

cut straight and use glue. you shouldnt have any spaces between the joints. if you do fill them with wood glue.
There isn't any gaps. I just want it as strong as possible and have no 90 degree angles inside. And figured I could use the filler stuff to round all the angles inside

There isn't any gaps. I just want it as strong as possible and have no 90 degree angles inside
Woodglue clamp the pieces together for atleast 12 hours use 1.5" screws spacing every 6", let dry then do silicon in the corners.

Unless you running ungodly amounts of power and such woodglue would hold it together.. also add bracing to the inside of the box.

There isn't any gaps. I just want it as strong as possible and have no 90 degree angles inside. And figured I could use the filler stuff to round all the angles inside
you should have added 45s... you dont want sharp corners in the box...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

frogcase2002

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
frogcase2002
hamilton, ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date