Have I wired these crossovers correctly?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tomlester27

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
I've not wired crossovers before and I have very limited info in the instruction manual. Does this looks right compared to the drawing? I know the tweeter and woofer cables are correct, but in the drawing the wires seem to splice together, but I have just connected 2 cables to each terminal. Is this right? I need to be sure before I do the other side of the van. Thanks
20211223_124352.jpg
20211223_124610.jpg

I want to run the components and this sub from 1 amp, so i need to run it as a 3 channel.

Attachments

• 20211225_184834.jpg
    20211225_184834.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 37
Not sure what being a noob in car audio has anything to do with spelling and posting a correct title. Also the fact that you said noob says otherwise. Carry on.

I want to run the components and this sub from 1 amp, so i need to run it as a 3 channel.
Should work.. But you should know that you will be limited on the power to your Mids due to the Tweeters being powered by the same channel. Just need be careful not to blow the tweets, But Focal has the Crossovers for Mid and Tweet off of one channel as shown in your diagram.
IN + and IN- = supply from amplifier to Both Crossovers on one side.

Should work.. But you should know that you will be limited on the power to your Mids due to the Tweeters being powered by the same channel. Just need be careful not to blow the tweets, But Focal has the Crossovers for Mid and Tweet off of one channel as shown in your diagram.
IN + and IN- = supply from amplifier to Both Crossovers on one side.

There is another diagram in the instructions where I can run the tweeter and woofers on separate crossovers in separate channels, but then I would need another amp for the sub. How much power am I loosing? Would you recommend I buy another amp? I guess i can run it like this to start with and see how it turns out. If they seem under powered I guess I can always add another amp in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...