HELP ME PLEASE!? Kicker L7 making "Rattling sound"

its a l7 so im not sure if there is a recone for it, splaudio i think can get the square cones so it may be possible, as already sounds though it sounds like you suspension is just as loose as a corner worker. and is allowing the coil to rub

its a l7 so im not sure if there is a recone for it, splaudio i think can get the square cones so it may be possible, as already sounds though it sounds like you suspension is just as loose as a corner worker. and is allowing the coil to rub
haha. how would i have damaged that? and how do i check if thats the problem?

If it is indeed the spider that is the issue, then the voice coil is no longer in control and can shift and collide with the side of the motor structure and short out.

I don't know why these l7s do this or what causes that rattle, but it is quite common with them. my brother inlaw had the same issue with a used one that he bought.

I managed to find a black square recone for his but it was like $70+ and wasn't worth fixing. we ended up selling it to some punk while it was still half-way working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When I was trying to locate the noise it was located just under the non removable dustcap just above the coil. it didn't look like it was the spider although the spider was severely sagging from a lot of use

it is a very common problem and not worth fixing.

just pull it out and get a new sub that is better

Kicker has not made a good sub for many years.

maybe the X if all ya wanna do is burp it but other than that nope...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.