Help wiring MTX Re-Q5

Participant count
  • Participant list

fuze

Hey all,

I am trying to add a 10" Alpine Type R subwoofer and a mono amp to my stock 4 speaker car audio system in my 08 Charger. (There are only 4 speakers in my car, 2 in front 2 in back.)

Here is what I purchased(many months ago, just now trying to install it)

10" Alpine Type R

Boss Audio Onyx NX1800.1 amp

MTX RE-Q5

I used an amp wiring kit to hook everything up, and it looks like the power and remote side of things are fine. Both the amp and the RE-Q turn on when my key is turned in the ignition and both have the power lights on.

Im stuck on how to wire this RE-Q to get the signal for my new subwoofer.... I tapped into my rear speaker and connected it to the RE-Q wiring harness but nothing is happening.

I feel really dumb right now.... thought this was going to be as easy as tapping into a speaker wire but apparently im missing something.

any help would be great lol

make sure you tap at least two speakers so it can sum a stereo load. i have one and it works like a charm in my cruze also check you gain settings on the req5 since it is also a line booster you can have them set to zero and get zero sound. i just set them half way and adjusted my amp gain to match the req

make sure you tap at least two speakers so it can sum a stereo load. i have one and it works like a charm in my cruze also check you gain settings on the req5 since it is also a line booster you can have them set to zero and get zero sound. i just set them half way and adjusted my amp gain to match the req
hey man, i went back and tapped into both right and left rear speaker and nothing changed.

But then I connected one of my speakers to the White/Red and White wires on the RE-Q harness and finally I got audio through my sub. The White/Red wire is labeled "Front Left" but does it matter if I use that one tapped into a rear speaker?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.