Help with Variable tuning wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

fritt
10+ year member

midwest
We have never built a variable tuned box of this caliber before. the box will be 38" high 39" wide and 22" deep (outside dimensions). the sides back top and bottom will be 2 layers thick and 3 layer face of 3/4". the inside will have PVC cut down for all corners and fully glassed inside.

What i need to figure out is how to be able to have at least 3 different tuning options, but easy enough to be able to drive to a comp then switch. example drive to comp tuned to 30hz and then retune to ~60 for spl purpose.

I will be running 2 18" upgraded DC LVL 4 18" off a Single DC 5k and later using the same wall to house 2 18" LVL 5 and 2 5ks.

Please any ideas would be help full! also I believe we will be doing the subs across the top and port at bottom.

How fast do you need to be able to switch? I'd think a plate bolted to the box with the port in it could work. I have also seen people use several ports, and plugging some to change/lower tuning.

well basically i want it to take less than 10 minutes for a switch. but from everything i have figured out with aeros wont give me enough port area when tuning lower for these subs as they want a min of 16" per cube.

also looking for a idea that i will still be able to make it look good. i want a good daily driver that i can get max spl out of. who says you cant have the best of both worlds?

We have never built a variable tuned box of this caliber before. the box will be 38" high 39" wide and 22" deep (outside dimensions). the sides back top and bottom will be 2 layers thick and 3 layer face of 3/4". the inside will have PVC cut down for all corners and fully glassed inside.
What i need to figure out is how to be able to have at least 3 different tuning options, but easy enough to be able to drive to a comp then switch. example drive to comp tuned to 30hz and then retune to ~60 for spl purpose.

I will be running 2 18" upgraded DC LVL 4 18" off a Single DC 5k and later using the same wall to house 2 18" LVL 5 and 2 5ks.

Please any ideas would be help full! also I believe we will be doing the subs across the top and port at bottom.
DECWARE's Death Box II - High Output Subwoofer

Coarse this is for 12s but should give you an idea of a system that is easy to design, build, and change tuning on while in the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.