Kicker QS vs Infinity kappa perfect? which amp?

jstan84

I just found out I am able to get some good deals on some equipment but I have hit a snag, I dont know what to get.

I can get kicker QS components or Infinity kappa perfect components for roughly the same price ($160ish). I would be getting 2 sets one for front one for rear and they would be going in an 06 titan crew cab. I could possibly put the tweeters for the rear up front too so the 6.5 in the rear doors just act as midbass fill. Does anyone have an experience or opinions with these speakers? Does anyone think that there is anything better at the same price?

As far as power goes I can pick up a kicker zx650.4 for about $150 or a polk 660.4 for about $60. would the polk be strong enough to push these components? Does kicker make decent amps to run components?

My bass situation is an L7 12 on a kicker zx750.1

Kickers amps, unless old school, pretty much sound like ass.

Any other options in your price range? For $160ish you could find a really nice set of used speakers here or even new on some sites.

If you can jump to $185 you can get a smoking deal on some Diamond Audio components. a in the model name is for aluminum dome tweeter, s is for silk dome tweeter.

Diamond Audio D661a Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Instead of the D6 you could go with the D3's:

Diamond Audio D363.5 Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Or the Cadence ZRS comps:

Cadence ZRS65KS Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

or JBL:

JBL P660c Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

All great products that fit within your price range. Id take any of those sets before I considered Infinity or Kicker as a speaker to run. If your really set on those Kicker KS series here they are for way cheaper than what your buddy can get them for:

Kicker 08KS6502 Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

i'm a jl fan myself, i've heard the diamonds and i like those too. so i get where you're coming from. but to say nah to a set of comps that are worth 3x what you're paying for them for is just crazy. at that kind of price even if he doesn't like em he can sell em for 200 so why not go for it? everybody has their own taste. so guys love focals, or hertz i don't care for the sound of them. i say go for the kicker you have nothin to loose.

Except we all know how much he paid. After he uses them and installs them he wont be able to sell them here for what they are worth. He will have to give his discounted price a discount.

I'm using the QS60.2 set and love em. They're affordable and sound great. I put SSMB8's in the doors to make it a three way active setup. Powered by some old SX amps.. it's a sweet setup. Go for it man.

dscn6430.jpg

dscn6163p.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.