Need help picking a new sub please.

Wedgezilla

Hello, I'm putting together my first system and I'm having a hard time picking a sub, very new at this. My budget is $200 tops. I'm looking for a single 12 or maybe a 10. I have a Kenwood X700-5 amp and the fronts I've picked up are the HAT I61-2's. The car is a 2013 Mustang and the trunk isn't very large, I think it's about 17-18 inches high and only about 20-22 inches deep until it starts to curve up so I'm pretty sure I'm looking for something that runs well sealed. I'm not really looking to blow anyones doors off, I tend to prefer a tighter sound I guess.

I've mostly been looking at the Sundown SD-2 12. I see people mostly put it in trucks but I assume using it in a car would be fine? Are there any downsides to using a shallow depth sub like that? I've been trying to look around at other stuff too but the ammount of brands and stuff out there it gets pretty confusing. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Ranger has a nice sub up for grabs. If not, American Bass XFL 15 for the win! Under $200 and does 1k RMS and will easily take more. one of the best budget subs on the market

this dude is a scammer, his dad no ship me no amp it on his door? money not for me to make moneys foar paypal??
¿cinco de mayo ese?
thanks man... trying hard to sell subs so I can get recones but you just have to go and ruin it for me... this whole evening is rewinned, just rewinned.

thanks man... trying hard to sell subs so I can get recones but you just have to go and ruin it for me... this whole evening is rewinned, just rewinned.
mothafuckin wizards never DIE

rewwwwwwwwind.

GOODDDAAA, my subs are so LOUDAAAAAA OH MY GODAAAAAAAAAAA

SSA Store - Sundown Audio SA-10 Subwoofer Id do a ten..get more out of the sub with a better built enclosure for the space,and vehicle..you will need a DVC4,as that amp you have is only stable to 2ohms mono
Does it matter that this sub is rated at 600 and my amp can only do 500? I've read different things about underpowering a sub and I really have no clue. Also is there much of a difference between a single 12 and a 10? Thanks.

Does it matter that this sub is rated at 600 and my amp can only do 500? I've read different things about underpowering a sub and I really have no clue. Also is there much of a difference between a single 12 and a 10? Thanks.
Basically;

it will explode.

Thats not enough power to be recodnized from that amp in my opinion..You will be fine..I like tens myself/run a total of four..have been easy to put in just about any vehicle,and ranging from 1.4-2.4 cu ft ported .not too much difference from Cu ft of the ten and twelve,but i feel like a better box for a ten will be more than enough for the Stang,2.0 cu ft ported on that ten@ or near about 32hz will be very nice.But the 12 will work just fine as well..up to you in the end..just feel like you can get a better enclosure with a ten

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.