New- Need help with <gulp> stock radio...

Participant count
  • Participant list

c131frdave

I registered at this site because I didn't get any response from a BMW site, and I know you guys are radio gurus, so hopefully you all have some ideas.

I just bought a BMW330i, and it has the stock radio. It's sounds okay on FM, but I'm old, and listen to AM in the morning going to work. I know, I know, AM sounds bad, but I live in Chicago, and traffic reports are life or death here.

Anyway, when I first start the car and have it on my AM station (980), it's fine. After a minute or two a faint squealing starts to come in. It gets louder and louder over 5-10 minutes until it is louder than the radio broadcast. It then will start to deepen, and start sounding like World War II bomb drops over and over. The pitch does not change with the throttle- it's steady until it starts dropping bombs. By the time the bombs start dropping, you can barely hear the radio station at all.

FM works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.