!PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

Participant count
  • Participant list
could be. and, when you go to manually power on the amp, do so with and without the rca's connected, to eliminate it finding ground through the rcas. by the way, if the rcas were damaged when the system was stolen, and you let the deck play,. it is highly likely that the deck was damaged from them shorting. you can use an rca-to-3.5mm jack (headphone jack) cable and play the amp right off your phone, or other portable player. you can also measure for ac voltage out from the head unit rcas. should be in the mili-volts, but, could be up to 8v. how did you verify that both the amp and subs work good?

I had them checked out at hi tech tinting and audio in jacksonville arkansas the tested both subs and amp with multi-meter or whatever its called and said they were both good and i have replaced the rca jacks?? still could use hints lol

Thanks everybody for your help and tips got it goin this mornin rca jacks on head unit were bad jus moved them to another set on back of head unit it had 4 sets??? but 1 question still the set i had the cables on said sw beside them and all the other 3 just say l and r beside them do you have to have the amp hooked to the subwoofer jacks???

For all the controls to work proper,yes........ Otherwise, just use rear if sub is fried, and set the head unit without sub, then set the amp to filter, like normal.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.