Power for sundown scv3000

Drumbc

I have a 2003 350z with a custom build in it currently got a 300 amp Ohio gen alternator with 1/0 oversized ofc wire, a decent deep cycle battery under the hood. I'm running a sundown scv 3000 at half ohm on three sundown sa8 v3's and yes they take that power....... my issue is the sundown scv3000 seems to still be eating my electrical...... at idle my voltage rests at 13 will not go up but when driving it runs 14.7 and full tilt on the system only drops it to 13.4 but idling it rests at 13.2 and drops to 12.1...... do I need to add more batteries to have better idling voltage ? That's all I can think of considering I have a 300 amp alt that has tested and produced 317 amps...... all help is appreciated

I'd at least get 1-2 more batteries if you download the xplicit audio app they have a calculator that can tell you how many AH you need at a certain voltage depending on the power you are running

I would agree it's a battery issue but I would like to ad that I never let my system run full tilt without the rpm up a bit. Trying to draw all that current out of the alts at idol puts a lot of stress on them. Same way that it stresses an amp when run hard at low voltage. I know it ***** to have to put car in neutral and keep revs up every time you stop but it will save your alts. I've been doing that for years and have never had a failure.

I was gonna add one more battery being it's a 350z I have no room for anything! It's also a show car so everything is all leather trimmed in and probably the loudest 350z build out there. But the amp and subs have taken all my space for extra batteries and keep the show car look I have enough room for 1 extra battery do you think that will suffice if I keep revs at 1500 when playing full tilt at idle

I was gonna add one more battery being it's a 350z I have no room for anything! It's also a show car so everything is all leather trimmed in and probably the loudest 350z build out there. But the amp and subs have taken all my space for extra batteries and keep the show car look I have enough room for 1 extra battery do you think that will suffice if I keep revs at 1500 when playing full tilt at idle
It will help how much space you talking your gonna want to get a batt with the highest AH rating you can fit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.