Saz 3500, or a ns1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bakesbaked
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I already have one saz 3500. Was wanting to grab a second one since they just replaced it with the scv 4000. If I ran the saz and an scv 4000 strapped. Would that work? Or just wire them up to one sub each would that be ok? Or should I just get another 3500 and keep them identical.

Another option is sell the 3500 and get a ns1....

Also on this note. I have two runs of 0/1 ofc with 350 amp fuses. Running to a second battery. Going to end up have 4 total g31 in the back. Will I need to run another + - cable to the rear with another 350 fuse to power both those amps? I'm also powering 4 more amps for mids and highs. Which all together have 250 amp fuse rating. Just don't want to start popping fuses.

I already have one saz 3500. Was wanting to grab a second one since they just replaced it with the scv 4000. If I ran the saz and an scv 4000 strapped. Would that work? Or just wire them up to one sub each would that be ok? Or should I just get another 3500 and keep them identical.
Another option is sell the 3500 and get a ns1....

Also on this note. I have two runs of 0/1 ofc with 350 amp fuses. Running to a second battery. Going to end up have 4 total g31 in the back. Will I need to run another + - cable to the rear with another 350 fuse to power both those amps? I'm also powering 4 more amps for mids and highs. Which all together have 250 amp fuse rating. Just don't want to start popping fuses.
Well u cant strap a saz3500 and a svc4k ..id just snag another 3500..and u will need a toral of 6 1/0 runs from front to back.3 pos and 3 neg ..u always want equal amount of pos/neg runs

I gained .4 at full tilt when going to 4 runs..maybe dimenishing results past that point but still

I dont have 600a coming from the front but noticed considerable less voltage drop when i added 2 more runs

The rear batteries take the first hard hit. Unless those are drained down not much power comes from the front. As long as he can flow what he has from the front that's all it needs. 600 amps worth of cable won't have a issue moving 250-300 amps.

The rear batteries take the first hard hit. Unless those are drained down not much power comes from the front. As long as he can flow what he has from the front that's all it needs. 600 amps worth of cable won't have a issue moving 250-300 amps.
Coulda possibly been my problem. .my rear dekas are getting 5+ years old

So that being said two saz 3500 would pull how many amps? I've got 700 amps of fuse. If I add another one would give me a 1000 amps of fuse. Going to the first bat.

In total I would have a p500.1 p300x2 p300x2 p200-2 and two saz 3500. Is it really a need for that third run? Or will I be ok since there's other batteries taking the initial load?

Just want to be sure with all of those going full tilt I won't be stuck with popped fuses or burnt up wires. And the negative runs directly to the front batter with the big 3 and all that.

Also anyone know someone with a spare 3500 on their hands?

So that being said two saz 3500 would pull how many amps? I've got 700 amps of fuse. If I add another one would give me a 1000 amps of fuse. Going to the first bat.
In total I would have a p500.1 p300x2 p300x2 p200-2 and two saz 3500. Is it really a need for that third run? Or will I be ok since there's other batteries taking the initial load?
U fuse for max wire capacity not amps output.i kno most ppl think otherwise. But the fuse is there to protect the wire not the amp

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Id try it with the 2 runs first

That's fine. Fuse for the cable not the amps. You have to think about how much power you are really pulling. Much less than you think. Also look at how MECA works. People burp and do 30 second runs fusing 5000 watt amps with 35 amp fusing to get in lower classes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.