Subwoofer/Amp Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarterHedrick

I lurk the forum all the time and I know I never really post here and feel bad about posting only when I have a problem but heres whats up. So my friend hooked up his sub/amp himself and he hooked it up wrong. he wired the power/rca cables on the wrong side. He didnt run the power through a firewall (ran it through the door well i dont know how to explain it) and he didnt hook up a inline fuse on the power cable. Thats the stuff he did wrong. I told him not to cut corners like that but hes lazy and did. Nevertheless his sub worked and actually sounded really good. It worked for about 4 months then one day just quit working. His amp didnt turn on one time when he started the car. Iv gone in and checked the fuses on the amp and every fuse in his cars fuse box and non of them are blown. It cant be the ground because his amp worked fine for months. He doesnt have the money to get it professionally installed and I have no problem hooking his stuff up right for him but I dot wanna go through all that work if something with his equipment is wrong. Do you guys have any idea why his amp stopped turning on? Thanks so much!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.