Sundown sa-10d4 questions

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
So i was literally about to take this out and I've only had it one day. I thought this was going to be a good mix of sq spl. Right now it's getting louder as it gets hours on it but the sq just isn't there. I have the jbl-msa5001 with an unlimited supply of crossover points phases and clean as heck also. I know the amps good I had it with two other subs. I'm wondering if it's just the break in I need to be patient for. I'm going easy on it not pushing it yet. The cone suspension is so tight it barely moves so I'm wondering once that loosens up will it clean up the sound or is this maybe just not the right sub for me, im new to sundown so maybe you know something about the subs I don't and can chime in. Box is goof built to specs and braced clean thick whring my hope is this is normal for this sub to get a lot Better after break in time

I thought the SA was very muddy and slow when I first bought it. As it started to loosen up, it definitely got more accurate. When I first set it up, I was actually able to discern the sub falling behind the music coming out of my door speakers, but now the timing is spot on in the same enclosure.

YES muddy/kind of farty is how it sounds now not bad though just a little. I keep making excuses blaming it on random things like it the amp or its the box or its the wiring but that stuff is all solid and exact for this sub and I had two other subs on this amp sounded very very clean and tight. I know this amp at 2 ohms has been shown to put out 868 rms idk if that can affect it but I have heard of people pushing 1000 rms to it so i feel like that can't be the case plus i never push my gains mine is at 70%

YES muddy/kind of farty is how it sounds now not bad though just a little. I keep making excuses blaming it on random things like it the amp or its the box or its the wiring but that stuff is all solid and exact for this sub and I had two other subs on this amp sounded very very clean and tight. I know this amp at 2 ohms has been shown to put out 868 rms idk if that can affect it but I have heard of people pushing 1000 rms to it so i feel like that can't be the case plus i never push my gains mine is at 70%
That amp dynoed a bit over 500. That 800 was dynamic, not real world no matter what the salesman say.

That amp dynoed a bit over 500. That 800 was dynamic, not real world no matter what the salesman say.
sorry thats what I ment to say :/ but thats still enough power for it right?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

pics of the setup?
Ill go take some shots and post up tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yup... had my suspicions that you had it in a garbage prefab. yes sound ordinance from crutchfield is complete garbage. The SA sub is not some puny sub that can work well in such a small box with tiny ports like your past subs. It needs a proper box or else you are choking the living daylights out of it.

Elaborate on the box please..............Two other subs sounded fine in it open to your reasoning of what makes it bad the ports maybe to small?

Elaborate on the box please..............Two other subs sounded fine in it open to your reasoning of what makes it bad the ports maybe to small?
What 2 other subs have u had in it ? Maybe a kicker comp or some mainstream crap with no xmax or motor force can get away with that little port area but not. A sa12 ...get urself a design done and build a new box it will change ur mind

yup... had my suspicions that you had it in a garbage prefab. yes sound ordinance from crutchfield is complete garbage. The SA sub is not some puny sub that can work well in such a small box with tiny ports like your past subs. It needs a proper box or else you are choking the living daylights out of it.
the airspace is 1.2 which is bigger than sa reccomendations hows it to small? are you saying go bigger than what sundown recommends?

I ran a mm1040d and a re sxx10d4 in it.

what airspace do you reccomend? how much more than 1.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.