Weird issues with Remote Input on the amp/Protect Mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChaoSki

CT
Few weeks ago my amp started to produce crackling on start up. It's powering my interior speakers and right side would make weird noises. At first it would only do it on start up, but it progressed to louder sounds and eventually the amp would go into Protect mode.

Yesterday I unplugged the speakers from the amp and turned it on to see what would happen. Sure enough, amp goes right into protection mode. Figured it can't be the speakers/short. I removed the door covers and double checked the wiring regardless, all seems fine.

So I started checking Voltage on Power and Remote. Seems fine. Also jumped Positive to Remote but the amp still goes into protect mode (no speakers hooked up).

I run the remote wire daisy chained to 2nd amp as well (Sub) and that one is fine.

So I plugged the speakers back up and plugged the remote back in while car was on, noticed the amp/sounds would go on, same crackling and as I moved the Remote/tightened the screw it would distort/cut off speakers and go into Protect mode.

Almost seems like there is some kind of a short on the inside of the amp/remote connection?

My next step was going to be to take the amp apart and see if I can spot anything.

Also, this morning it crackled at first, played music for about 2 min....cut off into Protect Mode. It's been random.

Amp in question is: MBQuart Onx2.100

TIA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.