What does my RTA tell you?

Participant count
  • Participant list
im going to say go back to basics and see how it sounds, a proper EQ curve can still sound like absolute shit

just filters , put the eq back closer to original.

I wouldn't like it but I want mine to sound like the source. Try to build the Harmon curve and see if you like it. If not than you don't like a SQ style responce.
See there's the thing, I can get that curve in my house from my old school floor speakers and they sound good to me, If I try to do it in my car the mid over powers the **** out of the tweeters.

See there's the thing, I can get that curve in my house from my old school floor speakers and they sound good to me, If I try to do it in my car the mid over powers the **** out of the tweeters.
then modify your gain to adjust for that..if its really obvious like that you have a gain problem

Either get the tweeters louder without boosting or lower everything to build it.

Or if you are happy leave it alone.

I can listen to right now, but I'm not happy with the way it sound, harsh grainy tweeters, at least the mids are not overpowering them, **** just cracks me up I have some expensive *** speakers and the mids are overpowering and chesty and the tweets are harsh, great times.

I can listen to right now, but I'm not happy with the way it sound, harsh grainy tweeters, at least the mids are not overpowering them, **** just cracks me up I have some expensive *** speakers and the mids are overpowering and chesty and the tweets are harsh, great times.
I would agree by looking at that graph. I think you are wanting more high end than is needed. A little peak around 15k will add some "air" but most can't even hear it.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

If you want you can give them to me. I promise not to show you what could have been

keep it how it is on rta and try these setting on your deck eq

frequency 6,000hz( deck might not have that but choose next closest)

Q(quality) should be on 1 maybe a tiny bit lower if you have the option. no lower than 0.5

gain start at -2 and maybe even go to -5 checking to see how you like the sound best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.