Which Sub is better?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wadester999

I have 2 - 10" subs I can use for my Sonata upgrade. I have an older a/d/s/ 310rs which is a dual voice coil 400 watt capable and was rated very highly in it's time.

A couple months ago I pulled into a Walmart parking lot and noticed a Kicker box. i looked inside and found a JL W6 10 v.1 sub. The foam surround was shot, but i took it home and it tests good on my multimeter. i would have to put in about $50 for repairs.

I'm planning on having a ported enclosure built, but i'm not sure which one would be best. i'm looking for high quality clean and tight bass and I'll be using an Alpine PDX-V9 to power it.

I have the enclosure specifications for the a/d/s/ but not for the JL. Do I need the info specific to the exact driver or is it the same for the model speaker?

Thanks,

Wadester999

I have 2 - 10" subs I can use for my Sonata upgrade. I have an older a/d/s/ 310rs which is a dual voice coil 400 watt capable and was rated very highly in it's time.
A couple months ago I pulled into a Walmart parking lot and noticed a Kicker box. i looked inside and found a JL W6 10 v.1 sub. The foam surround was shot, but i took it home and it tests good on my multimeter. i would have to put in about $50 for repairs.

I'm planning on having a ported enclosure built, but i'm not sure which one would be best. i'm looking for high quality clean and tight bass and I'll be using an Alpine PDX-V9 to power it.

Thanks,

Wadester999
If its just the surround its simple, do it yourself and save half that money

JL Audio Speaker Foam Edge Repair Kit, Single 10", 10W6 Version 2, 10W6 v. 2, FSK-10JLv2-1

theres the kit for it. Look up tutorials on youtube if you need reference.

I'd go with the JL in a ported enclosure here are some free designs and cutout sheets *OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.