Wiring an MTX thunder 302 to two 150 watt rms p1 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zach Hutkin

I have an mtx 302 amp which puts out 75x2 watt rms at 4 ohms and 300 watts rms when bridged into 4 ohms. I am planning to bridge the amp and then run two 150 watt rms rockford fosgate subs (p110s4) off it. The subs are both 150 watt rms at 4 ohms. the subs are single voice coil so i'm planning on running them in parallel which should give me 2 ohms impedence on the amp. Does bridging the amp double the impedence or will I be overworking my amp buy running it at 2 ohms when it is only rated for 4 bridged? Also would I be overpowering my subs? Would it be better to run the subs on individual channels and have less power? Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The wiring harness adapter is less than $10 online. It makes everything 10x easier. You just wire your new stereo to the adapter outside of the...
Ive doubled up 12 ga many times for sub wiring.. even 14 ga for speaker wiring. Its OFC and it should do great and save you some money since you...
My brain hurts just looking at those diagrams. It's late so if anyone sees a problem with either of those, please feel free to chime in!
I agree with every one above. OFC is much better. Copper is a much better conductor than aluminum.
Yup , the dsp should have input sections, it may have one for sub? Hu to dsp. Dsp to amps, amps to speakers. Probably help you to draw this all...

About this thread

Zach Hutkin

Zach Hutkin
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bassin Buick