• Thread starter <thumpinblazr>
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<thumpinblazr>

alright, i am getting 2 12" rockford HX2's and i am getting the dual 4 ohm models. I have 2 SEPERATE boxes for them. My amp is 2 channel and runs at 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohm mono. If i wire each sub with the voice coils parallel, that will give the amp 2 seperate 2 ohm signals right? now my question is this: if my amp runs at 2 ohm in STEREO, will the 2 seperate 2 ohm signals be right? i guess im not getting the whole mono and stereo idea.

Also, when i wire them parallel, i make 2 Y's and connect the +'s of the coils together and the -'s of the coils together, then put both +'s to one connection and the 2 -'s to the other? is that right? do i just twist the 2 sets together and put them to each connector?

thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your help,

Dustin

Originally posted by :alright, i am getting 2 12" rockford HX2's and i am getting the dual 4 ohm models. I have 2 SEPERATE boxes for them. My amp is 2 channel and runs at 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohm mono. If i wire each sub with the voice coils parallel, that will give the amp 2 seperate 2 ohm signals right?

yep

now my question is this: if my amp runs at 2 ohm in STEREO, will the 2 seperate 2 ohm signals be right?

yep

i guess im not getting the whole mono and stereo idea.

Stereo is two seperate channels. Mono means these two channels are combined two make one

Also, when i wire them parallel, i make 2 Y's and connect the +'s of the coils together and the -'s of the coils together, then put both +'s to one connection and the 2 -'s to the other? is that right?

you can do it that way

do i just twist the 2 sets together and put them to each connector?

you can do this if you want.

thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your help,

Dustin
Hope I answered what you were after

If you're not caught on the name trend try 2 12" Volfenhag 1000 watt subs. These thing are monsters. 22 lb magnets dvc 500 watts rms. I just ordered four of these and haven't found anything close for the price. They'll hit you for @ 175 on e bay w/ shipping. If tested them against some audiobahns and fosgate and the Volfenhags ate them. They do need power, if you could give them 400 rms per channel in a larege slot port SPL box I think you'ld be impressed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.